Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vintage Bradbury

I cannot have too much stuff in my head.  It's a failing, I admit and I work hard to maintain what I do know and have learned.  It just doesn't stay.  There's always so much else to stuff inside, and I think that if I ever tried to stop shoving things in I might just give up and die right there and then!  Where am I going with this?  I am choosing this time to wonder a little about what must have gone through Ray's mind while he was writing these particular stories!    Such an active and expressive imagination, I could never have concieved of any of his worlds.  Lots I can accept because I feel I really understand what made Ray tick at this point, but what about a world where caucasians are suddenly a minority and on the endangered list?  I try not to think about it too hard, but Ray did, and he really put the fear into me!  He's so good at that.
Then of course there is The Veldt.  Such a powerful story which has touched many people I think, so check out this link for a wonderful homage to the story.   The Veldt    I love the video, love the song and try not to get teary eyed (and always do).  I think that if Ray had lived to see it he would have thought it was wonderful and he would just have been tickled about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment