Friday, April 12, 2013

Camouflage


I had my reservations about reading this one, as I had read that Haldeman was basically a military science fiction author and that has never been a truly strong interest of mine.  But I am glad that I gave this book a chance, because despite all of the military references, it was a good story.  The protagonist was a visiting alien who was trying to adapt to living on Earth.  It's experiences thoughout history where interesting, as well as it's emotional and ethical development.  What was viewed as horrific before, became understandable the more I saw this character develop, and the conclusion of this story was an extremely satisfying one that encourages me to have a closer look at what this author has written (he has won more than one Nebula).

No comments:

Post a Comment