Sunday, May 26, 2013

Frozen Moment

I haven't spent a lot of time with this genre because for the most part I prefer the cozy mystery, or something from another era that makes the story removed from life today.  I guess this is why I have had some problems so far like when I was reading the Millenium trilogy by Steig Larrson.  When it is so recent it is more real, and therefore more shocking.   Naturally it has occured to me that when Conan Doyle wrote his Sherlock Holmes, Christie her Poirot and Allingham her Campion that those books would have been as shocking to the people of the day. 
This is another Swedish author, and this is her first novel.  I liked it quite a bit, and look forward to reading her next novel.  Chief Inspector Tell is already one of my favorite cops.  I liked how the story flickered about from present day to ten or so years in the past, the two stories seemingly unrelated, and I liked how both storylines merged so smoothly close to the end. I liked that I could care for these characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment