Thursday, November 21, 2013

Miss Me?

 It is hard to believe that it has been nearly three months since I last posted anything.  I have not stopped reading!  I have just been extremely busy at work and when I have been at home I have not had the patience to wait for my incredibly, painfully, slow internet connection to upload any of my work, so blogging had to go for now.  But that has all changed this week!  I finally have a super fast connection.
 My first thing to try out was buying e-books from Amazon.ca.  I can't tell you just how satisfying it was to buy a book online and receive it three seconds later! 
I will now proceed to publish what I have written over the past two months.  It isn't as much as I had thought, and only very rough drafts as I have been too preoccupied with my job and very tired as well.  With the addition of another classroom at my school I now have twice as many responsibilities, plus the new teacher wants me to provide an activity as well as story time, and I now have a preschool group that comes in twice a week.  I thrive on the challenge!  I just love it when I read a book to a group of kids and I make successful connections, and I am very happy to be now reading to preschoolers as well, it meets a need in myself to reach as many kids as possible.
It will be a very busy day today, I will be doing a continuation of my theme from last week of English folklore and fairy tales with a factured fairy tale called Jim and the Beanstalk by Raymond Briggs, and then we will finish off our project from last week which is a large picture of a beanstalk though today we will be adding a little Jack and a giant at the top of the beanstalk (giving the kids the option to make the giant with a scared 'aargh I am falling face' or an angry 'fie fi fo' face). 
I promise to get working on those blog entires this weekend, it is amazing that even though I have not been posting I have now over 5000 views on this blog, thank you!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment