Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

                                     http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1351914778l/15783514.jpg
Not knowing Gaiman very well, but familiar to a certain point with his children's literature, I had thought at first that this must be another.  It didn't take long to depart from that intial thought!  This is no book for children!  I feel as though I have started at the wrong end when it comes to Neil Gaiman.  I would like to read his work from the start and observe his evolution (oh who am I kidding?  I 'd like to do that with all of my new writers, I can't bear the thought that I have missed something!).  Seriously though, I really think that reading everything this author has ever written would be a priviledge, and then I think I should go on and read all of the books that he thinks are just wonderful, because he has a voracious appetite for good literature and I cannot help but trust him to point me in a good direction. 
Getting back to the Ocean,  it was a short, amusing, scary little book, and something to add to your collection, buy this book!  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment