Monday, February 9, 2015

City of Stairs ( I love you Robert Jackson Bennett!)

I meant it... I really do love Robert Jackson Bennett (love song link at the bottom!).  After reading American Elsewhere year before last I have been keeping an eye out for his other works, this book being the next one out.
How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  1. Your stories are fresh, original and freaky!  2.  I don't think I have ever encountered anyone who does that niggly "This  world is familiar but not really" alternate universe thingy like you do.  3. You are brilliant, that's all, just brilliant!

Seriously, I could/have do/done the crazy fan girly thing about his latest book.  From someone like me who has gotten to the point where new stories and fantastic universes are just leaving me cold, uninterested, and let's admit it, a little jaded, Bennett's work has me excited in a new and wonderful way, and I can't believe that I haven't bought the rest of his works yet (I'm working on it though). 

For you, Robert Jackson Bennett!

No comments:

Post a Comment