Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Change of Plans


I began this blog with the intent of polishing up my out-of-shape writing skills.  I had thought that it would come in handy when I began university courses.  In the past six months I have changed my mind about getting that university degree.
This was a hard choice.  I have always dreamed of having a great education, with degrees and masters galore in the fields that interested me.  Practically, however, I am a 47-year-old woman who lives (and will probably keep on living) in northern British Columbia with very little in the way of career choices.
So this is my compromise (it really isn't too far from what I am already doing):  I will teach myself!  I will study the fields that interest me, indulge in what is appealing to me and use the money that would have gone into a very expensive degree or two, to pursue my own goals in the literary world and to travel!  In some ways, it is a relief to not worry anymore about how I will be able to pay for or even get a university education.
I am not a writer, I am a reader,  a very enthusiastic one, and my interests are vast and very exciting to me.
I will continue to write in this blog because it is interesting to see my opinions and writing from years ago and to see how my thoughts have changed since writing about them, plus I love writing about reading.  I want to share my love of books!


No comments:

Post a Comment